Monmouth (1-6) at Seton Hall (5-1)
December 2nd, 2008
Tip: 7:30 p.m.
Location: Newark, N.J. - Prudential Center (9,800)
Series: Seton Hall leads 9-0
Hawks' Radio Broadcast: 88.9 FM WMCX (www.wmcx.com)
The Monmouth University men's basketball team travels to Seton Hall on Tuesday night, to face the Pirates of the BIG EAST Conference. Monmouth, which is 0-33 versus teams from the Big East, is facing its second Big East opponent this season.
The Hawks are 0-9 all-time versus Seton Hall, after last season's 89-81 overtime loss to the Pirates in the first-ever collegiate basketball game in the Prudential Center, home of the New Jersey Devils. Head coach Dave Calloway is 0-7 against SHU during his tenure.
* Team Tri-captains: senior Whitney Coleman, senior Alex Nunner and junior Dutch Gaitley
* Monmouth will be without Coleman for the entire season after an MRI showed the senior guard sufferred an ACL tear at FAU
* Sophomore point guard James Hett is doubtful for his third straight game
* Monmouth averaged 59.2 points per game last year, the lowest for the program since 1999-2000 (58.0)
* The Hawks led the NEC in scoring defense once again last year, allowing 67.1 ppg
* Monmouth's 28.5 rebounds per game last year was also the second-lowest in program history - MU has outrebounded two opponents this year