Former home of Monmouth University men's and women's basketball.
The now former home of Monmouth basketball opened for student use on November 12, 1965 under the moniker Alumni Memorial Gymnasium. The first game to be played in the friendly confines was held on November 27, 1965 and featured the 1965 versity team versus a team comprised of Monmouth College alumni, in which the varsity posted a 106-73 win over its predecessors.
Alumni Memorial Gymnasium opened its doors for regular season completion on December 1, 1965 when the Monmouth College Hawks defeated in-state rival Saint Peter's, 73-71. In the contest, all-time Monmouth great, Ron Kornegay posted a team-high 24 points in the Gym's debut, as Monmouth kicked off a 26-4 season.
On May 16, 1992, Monmouth renamed the gym in honor and memory of William T. Boylan, the former basketball coach from the program's inception in 1965 until 1977. Boylan, who compiled a 367-157 record (.70 winning percentage), behind 20 winning seasons and five NAIA District 31 titles, was also the College's Director of Athletics from 1956-80, and President of the Metropolitan Collegiate Basketball Association for two years. Monmouth also honored Boylan by inducting him into its Athletic Hall of Fame in 1981.