Game 1 • Monmouth (0-0) at Hofstra (0-0)Friday, November 8, 2013 • 7:00 p.m.Hempstead, N.Y. • Mack Sports ComplexWatch Live:Pride VisionRadio (Shore Sports Network):Listen Live
WOBM-AM 1160 & 1310
Eddy Occhipinti (play-by-play) and Steve Bazaz (analysis)Radio (WMCX):
Mike Zimmermann (play-by-play) and Mike Heyer (analysis)Follow on Twitter - @MonmouthBBall / @MUHawks
Monmouth-Hofstra Series History
• Monmouth leads the all-time series 5-1, in a series that dates back to the 1983-84 season.
• MU won last season in its home opener, 91-62, the Hawks' largest win of the year.
• Hofstra's lone win in the series came in the first meeting between the two schools on January 25, 1984, as the Pride posted a 77-43 victory at home.
Hofstra Men's Basketball
Hofstra Schedule and Results
BLUE & WHITE BITS:
• Third-year Monmouth head coach King Rice guides the Hawks into their first season in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC) in 2013-14. The Hawks, who spent 26 seasons in the NEC, captured four league titles in the NEC and secured four NCAA Tournament berths (1996, 2001, 2004, 2006).
• Rice has guided his team against five nationally-ranked teams since taking over the Monmouth program to start the 2011-12 campaign.
• With its victory over Binghamton on December 3, Monmouth posted its 400th Division I win in program history.
• MU forced 20+ turnovers in 11 of its 31 games last year, averaging 18.1 forced turnovers a contest, which has turned into 534 points for the Hawks. The Blue & White forced at least 15 miscues by its opposition in 24 of its 31 contests last year.
• This year’s MU roster features no seniors, four juniors and a total of 12 underclassmen. In addition, the roster includes 14 fi rst- or second-year players in the program.
@MonmouthBBall • #FlyHawks • #MUAllDay