WOMEN’S TENNIS FALLS AT DREXEL, 7-0
PHILADELPHIA, Pa. – The Monmouth University women’s tennis team fell in its final match of the fall season at Drexel, 7-0, Wednesday afternoon. The Dragons swept the doubles point before taking all six singles matches to earn the non-conference victory.
The Hawks, who finish the fall slate at 3-6 and 1-2 in Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC) play, will now focus their attention to the spring season, which begins with a league match-up at Marist on March 26, 2014.
Tennis Match Results
Monmouth vs Drexel
Oct 23, 2013 at Philadelphia, Pa.
Drexel 7, Monmouth 0
1. Mafa, Zeynep (DREXEL) def. Verdiglione, Brooke (MU-W) 6-2, 6-0
2. Pivonka, Nicole (DREXEL) def. Smoke, Farrah (MU-W) 6-0, 6-0
3. Winkler, Lea (DREXEL) def. Kauffman, Kendal (MU-W) 6-0, 6-1
4. Bowsher, Erin (DREXEL) def. Gabriel, Chioma (MU-W) 6-1, 6-2
5. Coria, Fiorella (DREXEL) def. Belen, Robyn (MU-W) 6-1, 6-3
6. Bell, Alex (DREXEL) def. Turner, Sarah (MU-W) 6-0, 6-0
1. Pivonka, Nicole/Coria, Fiorella (DREXEL) def. Verdiglione, Brooke/Smoke, Farrah (MU-W) 8-1
2. Bowsher, Erin/Winkler, Lea (DREXEL) def. Gabriel, Chioma/Ellis, Emily (MU-W) 8-2
3. Mafa, Zeynep/Bell, Alex (DREXEL) def. Belen, Robyn/Kauffman, Kendal (MU-W) 8-1