MENíS TENNIS FALLS AT FDU, 7-0
TEANECK, N.J. – The Monmouth University men’s tennis team fell to intrastate rival Fairleigh Dickinson, 7-0, Wednesday afternoon at the FDU Tennis Courts. With the loss, the Hawks fall to 6-6 overall and 2-3 in Northeast Conference play, while the Knights, who took every set in the victory, improve to 6-6 on the year and 4-1 in league action.
Monmouth Ramy Bekhiet (Robbinsville, N.J./Robbinsville), who was named Northeast Conference Co-Player and Rookie of the Week, had his singles winning streak halted at seven matches as the first-year Hawk fell to Ibrahim Shams 6-1, 6-2.
The Hawks return to action on Saturday, April 13th as it welcomes in Sacred Heart to the MU Tennis Courts before they travel to Emmitsburg, Maryland for a 1:00 p.m. matchup with Mount St. Mary’s in the regular season finale. The 2013 Northeast Conference Tournament, which is held at Mercer County Park in Princeton, N.J., begins next Thursday, April 18th.
Follow Monmouth Men’s Tennis on Twitter: @MUMtennis
Like Monmouth Men’s Tennis on Facebook: www.facebook.com/MonmouthUniversityMensTennis
Tennis Match Results
Monmouth vs Fairleigh Dickinson
4/10/2013 at Teaneck, N.J.
Fairleigh Dickinson 7, Monmouth 0
1. BERZINS, Arvis (FDU) def. MARCINKOWSKI, Freddy (MU) 6-1, 6-1
2. SHAMS, Ibrahim (FDU) def. BEKHIET, Ramy (MU) 6-1, 6-2
3. GRICHENO, Yuri (FDU) def. PREZANT, Jason (MU) 6-4, 6-0
4. HEMY, Mark (FDU) def. PIERCE, Eric (MU) 6-1, 6-0
5. SKVARKA, Peter (FDU) def. ROTHSTEIN, Jason (MU) 6-4, 6-1
6. SJOBERG, Markus (FDU) def. TALAFOUS, Joe (MU) 6-1, 6-1
1. BERZINS, Arvis/SHAMS, Ibrahim (FDU) def. MARCINKOWSKI, Freddy/BEKHIET, Ramy (MU) 8-3
2. HEMY, Mark/SKVARKA, Peter (FDU) def. PREZANT, Jason/ROTHSTEIN, Jason (MU) 8-1
3. GRICHENO, Yuri/PHILIPPE, Julien (FDU) def. PIERCE, Eric/TALAFOUS, Joe (MU) 8-2
Monmouth 6-6 (2-3 NEC)
Fairleigh Dickinson 6-6 (4-1 NEC)