GAME NOTES: MONMOUTH vs. NORTH CAROLINA A&T (NOV. 30, 7:00 P.M.)
Game 7 • Monmouth (2-4) vs. North Carolina A&T (2-4)
Saturday, November 30, 2013 • 7:05 p.m.
West Long Branch, N.J. • the MAC
Barclays Center Classic, presented by Continental Tire
Radio (Shore Sports Network):
WOBM-AM 1160 & 1310
Eddy Occhipinti (play-by-play) and Matt Harmon (analysis)
Mike Zimmermann (play-by-play) and Mike Heyer (analysis)
Follow on Twitter - @MonmouthBBall / @MUHawks
Monmouth-NC A&T Series History:
• First meeting
NC A&T Men's Basketball
NC A&T Roster
NC A&T Schedule and Results
BLUE & WHITE BITS:
• Third-year Monmouth head coach King Rice guides the Hawks into their first season in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC) in 2013-14. The Hawks, who spent 26 seasons in the NEC, captured four league titles in the NEC and secured four NCAA Tournament berths (1996, 2001, 2004, 2006).
• Rice has guided his team against five nationally-ranked teams since taking over the Monmouth program to start the 2011-12 campaign.
• With its victory over Binghamton on December 3, 2012, Monmouth posted its 400th Division I win in program history.
• MU forced 20+ turnovers in 11 of its 31 games last year, averaging 18.1 forced turnovers a contest, which has turned into 534 points for the Hawks. The Blue & White forced at least 15 miscues by its opposition in 24 of its 31 contests last year.
• This year’s MU roster features no seniors, four juniors and a total of 12 underclassmen. In addition, the roster includes 14 first- or second-year players in the program. Monmouth's roster features the most freshman of any school in the MAAC.
• At the start of the season, the Hawks featured a total of just nine years of collegiate playing experience on the roster.
• Monmouth's season-opening road win at Hofstra was the program's first road win to open a season in the school's Division I history.
• Behind his 13-point performace at Hofstra, junior Andrew Nicholas eclipsed the 500-point mark in his MU career, and remains the Hawks' leading total point scorer on the roster, while classmate Max DiLeo leads the program in career games played.
• The Hawks' 13-point comeback in the win at Hofstra eclipsed the highest comeback in any win of last season. Four times last year, MU rallied from seven points down to secure a win.
• Freshman Josh James was named the season's first MAAC Rookie of the Week on November 11, 2013. It was Monmouth's first-ever MAAC Basketball Weekly Award.
@MonmouthBBall • #FlyHawks • #MUAllDay