MULTIPURPOSE ACTIVITY CENTER
Men's and Women's Basketball, Men's and Women's Indoor Track
Monmouth University ushered in a new era in August 2009, when it opened the campus' crown jewel, state-of-the art $57 million building housing the University's Division I athletic programs, the Leon Hess Champions' Hall, fitness center and the University Bookstore.
Located at the center of MU's campus, the 153,200 square foot Multipurpose Activity Center houses a 4,100 seat competition arena; a 200-meter; six-lane indoor track; locker rooms; educational and conference space; ground-level bookstore; and fitness center.
Since its opening, "the MAC" has played host to several high-profile Division I opponents, as well as state and local high school basketball tournaments featuring some of the top talent in the country. In addition, the MAC has attracted thousands as a concert venue.
Top Attended Basketball Games at the MAC
1. December 28, 2014 vs. Rutgers (men) - 3,911
2. February 22, 2014 vs. Saint Peter's (men) - 3,899 (Miles Austin Jersey Retirement)
3. December 22, 2012 vs. Villanova (men) - 3,898
4. December 22, 2010 vs. Villanova (men) - 3,896
5. November 15, 2009 vs. Seton Hall (men) - 3,662